These are the French Press slippers I just finished making (Ravelry Link). This is right before I threw them in the wash to felt.
I have a front loader, and was a little nervous about how the felting process would go but it went great! I have a Kenmore Elite H2E. I put them on the Sanitary cycle and checked it every 5 minutes at first until I saw how long it was going to take, and then upped that to about 15 minutes. At 5 minutes they were barely starting to felt, at 18 minutes they were getting closer but probably about 2 sizes too big, another 10 minutes and they were just a smidge loose, and another 5 they were perfect. So this is the large size of the pattern, and I wear a 9 and a half and it took me around 33 minutes on extra hot. I only tried on the left one at each interval, I should have tried them both on, I think I stretched the left one out as I went so the right one is a smidge smaller. 🙂
This is after 18 minutes:
And this is what they looked like 15 minutes after that, right out of the wash. 🙂
Stretched out on my feet, still sopping wet…
And laid out to dry after a cold rinse. You can see the right is just a bit smaller. 🙂 It’s fine though, not uncomfortable.
They’re still drying, I wasn’t sure if I could wring them out or not so I just left them. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can sew the strap on and finish them up. I’ll post a picture when I do.